Two Beard Gaming is currently playing and reviewing Toast Time: Smash Up! for Nintendo Switch. Check back soon for our thoughts and final words.
In the meantime why not check out the Dev notes and video below:
What the Dev’s say:
Fresh from the oven, Toast Time: Smash Up brings the unique toast-based recoil/reload action from cult smash hit Toast Time to the multiplayer brawler/esports genre.
Inter-dimensional time-blob beasties have sailed the cosmos in pursuit of spare time, and now on an idyllic Monday morning, they’ve found it, tasted it…
Assume the role of TERRY (Toast-Ejecting Recoil & Reload System) – a humble and solitary toaster with an uncontrollable love for English breakfasts, hats and scheduling – and ‘lay the table’ for your unexpected guests.
Launch toast, crumpets and magnitudes of other breakfast paraphernalia at the beasties. Bounce around and crush them with your hot metallic mass. Tip over bins, and use the environments to your advantage. Drink a little coffee and go a little crazy. Do everything it takes to defend toast time – you are Monday morning’s final hope. Have your toast and eat it.
Feast your eyes on this hot plate of features:
- 54 action-packed single player missions – each served warm with it’s own choreographed soundtrack.
- 16 exciting bread-based weapon upgrades – from crumpets to baguettes you’ll never go hungry.
- Multiplayer Battle Mode – garnished with all-configurable gameplay mix-ups.
- Loads of colourful pixel art hats and customisations – glazed to perfection, from pirate to pharaoh.
- Addictive and original gameplay – topped with intrigue and zealous delight.
- Iron man survival mode and bonus coffee time mode – the icing on the figurative cake.
Nintendo Switch Essentials:
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 16/11/2018
No. of Players: 1-4
Category: Shooter, Action, Arcade