I was first shown this game by Two Beard Gamings very own, Hawksley Gaming Project. He showed me some of his gameplay and I thought, that looks familiar. I’ve played Sisters Royale by Alfa System and that’s what I was reminded of, turns out it’s from the same developer! (keen eye eh?). The shmup community will welcome this game with open arms, I’ve had a look-see of the game so now it’s your turn!
Read on more for details from the publisher and watch the trailer!
The launch of Castle of Shikigami 2 will also introduce a new Entry Mode for players of all skill levels to appreciate and enjoy. With revamped enemy placement throughout the game, all players can jump into the unique and intertwined storyline of each of the seven main characters and battle their way through five total stages that are broken up into three parts. Prepare to fight with three types of attacks while aiming for high scores on both Nintendo Switch and Steam. Achievements and Trading Cards will also be available for players on Steam.
Players choose one of seven (+1?) characters, each with different unique abilities, and use their shots, special Shikigami attack, and bombs to destroy the enemy. The unique backgrounds of each character are intricately intertwined, creating an interesting storyline for the shooter.
In between of total 5 stages, different demos (stories) will be played for each character, and when playing with two players, a completely different story unfolds depending on the combination of characters used, all of which are fully voiced (in Japanese).
- Enjoy the storyline with the different personalities of each of the seven main characters!
- Fight using three types of attack methods: normal attack, shikigami attack, and special attack
- 5 stages in 3 parts (each stage x 3 parts + a boss in each part)
- Aim for a high score with the TBS (Tension Bonus System), which allows players to earn high scores by getting close to enemies or enemy bullets.
- Two-player simultaneous play (local only)
- Plenty of Steam achievements and trading card
You can download the demo and wishlist on the official Steam page here.
Like what we do? Then feel free to leave a comment in the section below or visit our Facebook, Twitter or YouTube channel @twobeardgaming for more great content daily.