Onion Soup Interactive today announce details of the upcoming sequel to Nippon Marathon. Nippon Marathon 2 looks to build on the first game and bring new features to the forefront. The developers are looking to secure funding for the project via the games Kickstarter page, money raised will be used to release Nippon Maraton 2 on Steam, Nintendo Switch and an also exclusive Arcade edition.
Stretch goals include a visual novel Inspired story, as well as localisation, Steam Workshop implementation and the in-demand online mode. Backers of this project can also choose from a range of rewards depending on the tier.
“It’s been heartwarming to be bombarded by requests for Nippon Marathon 2 and so Kickstarter seems like the perfect place to fund the project, that way we can make a game that you, the community, want to play”, says lead developer Andy Madin.”There’s an intense desire from our fanbase to bring the Nippon Marathon online and this campaign can make that a reality.”
You can keep up to date with all of the latest information and back this project (when live) by visiting the Kickstarter page here.
Tell us more!
Nippon Marathon 2 is the ultimate “Bakage” (Japanese for “Stupid Game”). Players race across a bizarre obstacle course until only one player remains. Skill and chaos are united in one wonderful experience. Last time you raced across Japan, this time you take on the world. This is Nippon Marathon 2 – the Brave World Tour!
- New and improved cast of crazy characters
- Silly physics abilities including the “grip” ability, grab your opponent and see what happens.
- Touka Koukan (equivalent exchange) – Players’ “popularity score” will make or break you in the Nippon Marathon; everything influences your popularity, whether that be for better or worse!
- Brand new courses set around the world including London, the USA, France and more!
- Amazing new character specific B-Moves, such as Elizabeth Nishibori’s “Unicorn Rage”
- New weapons, such as the shuriken style STAR FRUIT.
- Specific stats and animations for each character!
- All new back stories including how Snuguru Maestro became Elon Mus— wait, what?
- Minigames and Party Games return!
- An amazing soundtrack is back to soothe and/or excite your ears!
Like our content? Then leave a comment in the section below or visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to have your say. Why not subscribe to our YouTube channel for more great content daily.