The publishing agreement with FEARDEMIC will see the weight and experience of the Bloober Team group of companies focused on the porting of the game to all available consoles and making the amazing experience that is DARQ available to a wider range of gamers. FEARDEMIC has confirmed that DARQ: Complete Edition will be coming to XBOX ONE, PS4, XBOX SERIES X, PS5, and SWITCH.
Both FEARDEMIC and UNFOLD GAMES are working toward a DECEMBER 2020 rollout of the console versions. FEARDEMIC also has plans to bring DARQ: Complete Edition to new distribution channels via physical console releases in early 2021.
What is DARQ?
DARQ is the award-winning game that tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who finds himself in the middle of a lucid nightmare. Unable to wake up, Lloyd has to face his fears and decipher the meaning of the dream. He learns to control the dream by bending the laws of physics, manipulating the environment in the most unexpected ways, and solving puzzles that defy the rules of logic.
This month represents the anniversary of the first release of DARQ and the journey of Lloyd that has seen him travel beyond simply a game’s protagonist to one of the most successful horror-themed games of the past year.
To understand the success of the game in the past 12 months, it’s worth noting some of the highlights of its journey so far:
- DARQ was one of the top 10 most upvoted titles on Steam Greenlight.
- It was also in the top 50 most wishlisted games on Steam.
- The game became a viral sensation due to its innovative art style and unique engagement with fans through multiple social media platforms.
- DARQ landed on the front page of Reddit multiple times. One particular post garnered more than 191,000 upvotes, making it one of the most upvoted posts in the history of the platform.
- On the launch day, the game was immediately listed on the Steam’s New and Trending, Top Selling, and Featured and Recommended tabs.
- DARQ was nominated for and won numerous industry awards (Best Game Award at MIX / PAX West, Best Adventure Game and Best Video Game Music at Chainsaw Festival, Best Sound Firestarter Award at Game Audio Awards, Best Sound Design at MUSIC+SOUND Awards, Best Cover Art at Dreamhack Festival, and others).
- DARQ has become the #42 Most Shared PC Video Game of 2019, according to Metacritic.
UNFOLD GAMES had previously promised two DLC’s to be released for free, as a way to say “thank you” to all the fans of DARQ. The first DLC “The Tower” was released in March 2020 to a warm reception (100% positive user score on Steam).
The second DLC “The Crypt” is still in development, as the developer decided to make it into a much more ambitious expansion than originally planned. It will offer much more content, new achievements, as well as completely new mechanics that haven’t been seen in the game before.
Though originally slated for an earlier release, the new schedule allows for releasing “The Crypt” simultaneously both on the PC and Consoles in December. This means that from December users on all platforms will be able to receive the Complete experience of DARQ as each game purchase will include both “The Tower” and “The Crypt” DLCs as free bonus content, making DARQ console releases the equivalent of Complete Editions.
Like our content? Then leave a comment in the section below or on our social platforms or subscribe to our youtube channel and stay tuned for more great articles daily.