Ready or not, your trippy adventure is just about to begin. So reload your guns, grab your afterburners, and sink into the dark depths of the European mega-city, Crimson Tide – a metropolis unlike any other. Full of neon lights, filled with captivating music and ruffians who don’t know yet that your nasty face might be the last they ever see.
What is Project Downfall?
Project Downfall is a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter with adventure elements, where the key to successful gunplay is to use cover and your pills at the right time in any given situation.
Self-medicated, low on ammo with no time to reload, and facing an enemy reloading right in front of you? Dash up to him and smack him with a self-medicated kick to send him flying. Dodge incoming bullets for a score multiplier, and rip enemies to shreds with your huge arsenal of weapons, including several different shotguns, a minigun, a berretta, a katana, and even a lead pipe.
- A fast-paced shooter that will test both your reflexes and quick thinking.
- A non-linear story with multiple endings, set in a cyberpunk, dystopian future that will be added during the early access development stage.
- Unique and trippy retro-style visuals.
- An original soundtrack that dynamically adapts to what’s happening on-screen.
- A combo system based on self-prescribed pills which opens a new dimension for you – a special Focus Mode that slows down the action – which is crucial to your victory in combat.
- A large and varied weapons arsenal, including several different shotguns, a minigun, a berretta, a katana, and even a lead pipe.
- Lots of fun ways to dispatch your foes, or “cannon fodder”, if you prefer.
- The Superkick! Give your opponents a quick and completely free flying lesson!
Tell Us More!
Project Downfallhas recently won first place in the BIG INDIE PITCH during White Nights Amsterdam 2020, thanks to implementing a ton of changes both planned by developers and requested by the community during its first year in early access. Some of the most significant updates include:
- A completely reworked first-person control system and the benefits of it are HUGE! Movement is much more fluid, with greatly improved physical interaction, and also the possibility to interact with objects according to their defined mass are only naming a few of these benefits.
- Entirely changed graphics and animations for certain weapons, like the assault rifle or knife. There are also new unarmed melee attacks, moves, and animations, and new weapons such as a double-barreled shotgun, popshot, or spec AR.
- Many destructible elements have been added, with many more to come. Now you can superkick and kill enemies with whatever you can find around you and turn into a weapon. Tables, barrels, garbage, containers, even hydrants or cars – you name it! Make enemies chip away at cover if they see you going behind it. Kick, smash or shoot enemies through destructible elements or even walls. The possibilities for fun are vast and only limited by your imagination.
- Multiple endings and a branching storyline – delve down the mouth of madness or discover a deeply rooted conspiracy. Or maybe just live up to your moniker as the Crimson Reaper? The plot can take drastically different turns depending on your choices.
- Day-based progression instead of regular level-based progression. Due to non-linearity, the game plays out over the course of 8 days. Depending on your choices, you might have different levels play out at a given day of the game’s timeline.
- Multiple obscure stats and consequences. Just like in Dark Souls, seemingly small, obscure, unimportant choices might greatly impact how the game plays out, or even lead you down one path instead of another.
- A longer, atmospheric slow-burn intro has been added to the game, as well as heavily updated initial levels.
- Awareness indicator. You can also set up the sixth sense awareness indicator with the 3D sounds, which will indicate from which direction danger is approaching.
- And of course, more levels, enemies, guns, and cool tunes!
And that’s only the beginning! The next update is planned to be released sometime between June 10th and 12th, featuring one of the first unlockable home console games – Chaingun Harry. For all past and upcoming updates and development progress notes, please keep an eye on the following link.
Like our content? Then leave a comment in the section below or on our social platforms and stay tuned for more great articles daily.