Welcome back to Introducing: The article where TBG keep you updated on some of the new and exciting titles on the horizon. Today we invite you to become the first human to start the colonization of an alien planet in the upcoming The Riftbreaker, let’s take a look.
What is The Riftbreaker?
Meet Mr Riggs – your advanced Mecha-suit capable of dimensional rift travel. Equip yourself with newly-crafted weapons and gear enhancements. Discover new minerals and plants to turn into your vital energy supply. Research the area and improve your defence. Hack, slash and shoot countless enemies while dashing to avoid deadly strikes. Broadcast all your adventures through streaming services and engage your viewers with interactive Twitch and Mixer features like voting for new attack waves, changing event types to rain or meteor showers, unlocking new objectives, and more.
As Captain Ashley S. Nowak, “the Riftbreaker”, you enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way. Your purpose is to build and develop a base that will allow travel to and from Earth for further colonization. Ashley’s Mecha-Suit, which she calls “Mr Riggs”, can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, specimen gathering, and of course – combat. It is also capable of travelling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.
Tell us more!
- BASE BUILDING – Your task is to construct a two-way rift connected to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, power plants, and research facilities to complete this mission.
- EXPLORATION – Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way. Remote surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found scattered across the globe. Various biomes will surprise you with unknown fauna and flora as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations to transport the required resources using rift technology.
- DEFENCE – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the planet will start to see you as a threat. Build up your defences. Construct walls, barriers, and defence towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.
- HACK, SLASH, SHOOT – Mr Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you explore the planet.
- GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTS – Felled beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- RESEARCH – Use your gathered samples to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defences, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- CRAFT – Mr Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials in the crafting process will result in gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- INTERACTIVE STREAMING – The Riftbreaker has built-in integration with all the most popular streaming services. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g. by voting to send waves of new enemies, donating resources, or spawning environmental disasters like a tornado.
- THE SCHMETTERLING ENGINE – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studio’s in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense and Zombie Driver. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all your hardware’s capabilities: uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
- COMMUNITY-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT – If you’ve already read everything up to this point, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please get in touch with us via our forums, our official Discord server, or any other of our social media channels. We’ll be sharing inside info about the progress of the game’s development, and we’d love to hear your feedback. Please come and help us make The Riftbreaker the game YOU want to play!
When can we play?
The Riftbreaker will soon launch on PC, next-generation consoles, PS4, and Xbox One.
Like our content? Then leave a comment in the section below or on our social platforms and stay tuned for more great articles daily.