Welcome back to Introducing: The article where TBG keep you updated on some of the new and exciting titles on the horizon. Today we are looking at a medieval survival and resource management game with a unique take on castle sieges, let’s get started!
What is Gloria Victis Siege?
Take on the role of a group of civilians in a besieged castle and try to stay alive until rescue comes, even though you’re not a part of this war. However, the war’s fate is still in your hands as a team of commoners, you must aid the soldiers defending their stronghold against overwhelming enemy forces until the last drop of blood is spilt.
Craft supplies and manage resources by day, scavenge throughout the fallen city by night. You’ll face hunger, injury, disease, and despair as well as the growing tensions between civilians and the city’s last defenders. The soldiers won’t hold for long without your support, and if their defence fails, the invaders will have no mercy. But remember, rescue is already on its way.
Tell us more!
The Midlanders, proud of their lands of plenty, await the upcoming days with dread. Just before harvest season, dozens of Drakkars arrived on the shores of Midland, bringing hordes of raiders from the frosty North the Ismirs.
The raiders have devastated the land plundering supplies, burning villages, and leaving a trail of peasant blood in their wake. Surviving civilians have hidden behind city walls in hopes of being saved by armed troops. When the invaders reached the gates, the ruling lord battled them in an open field to protect his people. Even though he and all his men perished, one messenger managed to cut through the enemy lines to find help.
The fate of this land is now in your hands. Can you support the castle’s last defenders long enough to wait for rescue?
- A new take on medieval war – a unique castle siege vision, shown from the perspective of its citizens struggling to live day by day.
- Meaningful decisions – in war, no choice is purely good or bad. You must choose between sustaining the soldiers’ strength and monitoring your own survival, all while maintaining your citizens’ morale.
- Built-in level and scenario editor – a complete dev-kit will be provided, allowing users to tell their own stories or re-create events from the history of the Gloria Victis world.
- Memorable atmosphere – Realistic visuals and a fantastic soundtrack created by Marcin Przybyłowicz and Magdalena Urbańska make Gloria Victis: Siege a genuinely emotional experience.
- Endure the siege – Find ways to preserve food, and develop your infrastructure to use your supplies more effectively. Take the risk of sneaking into the fallen city plundered by the invaders to find precious resources, trade with scavengers, and help the surviving citizens – or exploit them.
Who are Fish Tank Studios?
Fish Tank Studio is a new development team founded by a group of skilled individuals under the aegis of Black Eye Games, creators of the acclaimed indie MMORPG Gloria Victis. Black Eye Games has decided to publish Fish Tank’s debut game, Gloria Victis: Siege – the franchise’s second instalment. The developers from Fish Tank have the full support of the Gloria Victis creators, including access to the game’s world and lore.
Who are Black Eye Games?
Black Eye Games is an independent game development team from Lublin, Poland, which made its debut with the MMORPG Gloria Victis. The game features a non-target combat system (unique for an MMORPG), medieval open world without magic, realistic visuals, and massive sieges and open field battles involving hundreds of players. Black Eye Games is a completely self-sufficient studio, with no external investors. Thanks to this, Gloria Victiscan be developed with the contribution of its players. This is important because the developer’s strategy is based on full transparency, and because of this the game is updated every week. Currently, Black Eye Games is also a publisher of Gloria Victis: Siege and provides all support that its developer, Fish Tank Studio, might need.
When can we play?
Gloria Victis: Siege a survival resource management game in the style of This War of Mine, set in the medieval world of Gloria Victis is still in development, and its PC release date will be announced shortly. The game will be localized in English, Polish, Chinese, Russian, and Turkish.
Like our content? Then leave a comment in the section below or on our social platforms and stay tuned for more great articles daily.