Welcome back to Introducing: The article where TBG keep you updated on some of the new and exciting titles on the horizon. Today it’s time to prepare your gear, sharpen your blades, reload your guns and become the Chief – leader of an exiled group of monster hunters and face what’s lurking in the shadows in Alder’s Blood! Let’s take a look.
What is Alder’s Blood?
Alder’s Blood is a turn-based, tactical stealth game with a dash of strategy. Gamers take on the role of the Chief of Hunters – leading a group of perfectly trained and highly skilled, professional monster slayers. The Hunters carefully plan their attacks, sneaking in the shadows until they can feel the nasty breath of the monsters they set their sights on.
Quick, quiet, and deadly, Hunters overcome their enemies with the use of tactics, specialized gear and dark arts. In one-on-one encounters, even the most experienced and skilled Hunter does not stand a chance facing a beast. For this reason, joining forces with other Hunters and valuing tactics higher than muscles is crucial for staying alive. These terrifying monsters can easily detect Hunter’s presence by their scent, smart hunters monitor wind direction, avoid being noticed, and prepare deadly ambushes.
A good Hunter knows that his hunting tools are as important as his weapons, and be sure to make good use of the sophisticated technology and dark artefacts at your disposal. But remember whatever tactics you employ, resources will be limited, and opportunities rare. So don’t waste them.
Tell us more!
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures you’ll be facing, as they are way stronger and you don’t stand a chance in a direct assault.
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear, or smell you from a distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early.
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end, you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you.
- A grim world plunged into half-darkness. In this world, our God has finally turned his back on us, and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield: from summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming creatures into powerful avatars of his will.
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world, bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp, but be wary of enemy ambushes.
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and the Wild West. Immerse yourself in a world completely different from the one you know – a universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.
When can we play?
Alder’s Blood is now available for pre-order on the Nintendo Switch in the price of $14.99/£13.49 (25% cheaper than the regular price). The game’s Switch launch date set for March 13th. The game will also debut on Steam in the early access phase on April 10th. PS4 and Xbox One releases are set for the later date.
Like our content? Then leave a comment in the section below or on our social platforms and stay tuned for more great articles daily.