Welcome back to Introducing: The article where TBG keep you updated on some of the new and exciting titles on the horizon. Today we are excited to announce that Fluxscopic and tinyBuild’s top-down action-adventure Mayhem in Single Valley is going to be released on PC in 2020, this game that is best described as Stranger Things meets Legend of Zelda with radioactive squirrels….. let’s get down to business!
What is Mayhem in Single Valley?
Mayhem in Single Valley is a thoughtful pixel-art action-adventure mixing an almost Zelda-like vast world with the supernatural retro feel of Stranger Things.
The game tells a story of a local boy Jack, who was supposed to leave home for a new life in the city, but the plans changed due to a series of earth-shattering events. The radioactive spillage mysteriously finds its way into the river, contaminating the surrounding fauna and making that sombre suburbia a centre of the apocalypse.
The game story unfolds throughout a wide variety of locations with dozens of unique physics and light puzzles and enemies with their motivations and fears that you may use to your adventure.
Tell us more!
Key features include:
- Physics-based puzzles meet fast-paced action-adventure in the gorgeous pixel art.
- Go from downtown to the underground caves and from secret labs to the broken version of reality.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Enemies and NPCs have a variety of motivations and fears, use them to your advantage.
- Portable cassette player based soundtrack. You decide what music you’d like to accompany your battles.
- Plane crashes, car chases, making clones of yourself…
- Oh, did we already mention radioactive squirrels?
Who are Fluxscopic?
Fluxscopic is a video game development studio established in 2014 by Brian Cullen in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. After making his solo debut game You Are Not a Banana, Brian decided to create a company that would merge the best of gaming’s past with the design sensibilities of today’s indie scene.
The team of 5 currently works out of a cosy basement studio, where the long cold winters and subsequent cabin fever serves as an invaluable tool for generating ideas. Production of the studio’s first full-length game Mayhem in Single Valley began in March 2018.
Who are tinyBuild?
tinyBuild is a Seattle-based indie label behind the Hello Neighbor franchise and over 30 renowned titles, including Graveyard Keeper, SpeedRunners and Party Hard. With additional development offices in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Riga, Latvia, tinyBuild is rapidly building a portfolio of fun, high-quality games across multiple platforms.
When can we play?
Mayhem in Single Valley comes to PC in 2020. If you’re attending PAX East in Boston this year, stop by our booth to try the game.