We are in the year 2019 and two men are back in charge in the wrestling world. That’s right folks, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff are back in the hot seats as the new creative heads of Raw and Smackdown respectively. With the debut of AEW on primetime TV drawing closer and closer, it seems Vince McMahon and co. are taking this very seriously.
Changes are already evident on each brand as the last couple of weeks have shown small but notable improvements and the numbers are clearly speaking for themselves when it comes to those every so pesky ratings!
WWE realised the numbers were dropping and have started to implement those changes as the additions of Heyman and Bischoff back into the fold would not have even been a thought 12 months ago. Times are indeed changing and WWE are not going to let any momentum that AEW is picking up deter them from continuing their reign as the biggest and best promotion in all of wrestling.
Summer Slam is always a big show for WWE and no matter what the outcome for either match will be at Extreme Rules, the results should be a clear indication as to where we will be come Summer Slam. With let, here are our predictions for the card.
- The Revival vs The USOs for the Raw tag team titles…Revival retains.
- Braun Strowman to defeat Bobby Lashley in a last man standing match.
- Ricochet retains the US title against AJ Styles.
- Aleister Black vs Cesaro…Black victorious.
- Heavy Machinery to defeat New Day and Daniel Bryan/Rowan for the SD tag titles.
- Drew Gulak retains the Cruiserweight title against Tony Nese.
- Bayley retains the SD women’s title over the team of Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross.
- Kofi Kingston retains the WWE title against Samoa Joe. Though this writer would really love to see Joe finally win the big one!
- Undertaker and Roman Reigns to defeat Drew McIntyre and that annoying Shane guy!
- Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch retain their respective titles over Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans.
Let us know what you all think and we will be back next week with all the reaction and fall out from the show.