Two Beard Gaming is currently playing and reviewing Super Hydorah for Nintendo Switch. Check back soon for our thoughts and final words.
In the meantime why not check out the Dev notes and video below:
What the Dev’s say:
An evil force has launched an invasion over the Omios star! Fly with the space fleet in a campaign to liberate planets, destroy enemy bases and discover the mysterious force behind the attack. Biomechanical enemies, space creatures, exotic planets and climatic threats are waiting for you, so select a route, equip your ship and prepare to die!
Super Hydorah is a side scroller non-linear SHMUP which gives the player a challenging experience with the best from the greatest classics of the genre: straightforward action, old school visuals and a wide array of content with unique space settings.
- Easy to learn, hard to master!
- 21 levels divided into 35 sublevels, 35 bosses and more than 100 enemies
- 3 game modes: single player, co-op multiplayer and the minigame robot chase
- Non-linear level layout with route selection
- Analogue and super precise control of your ship
- Dangers of different nature in each level (not just bullets)
- Weapon selection and power-ups in every mission
- Original soundtrack with 60+ tracks
- Secrets, multiple endings, trophies and rank system
- CRT Monitor effect
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: Nov 15, 2018
No. of Players: 2 players simultaneous
Category: Arcade, Action, Multiplayer
Developer: Locomalito, Gryzor87, Abylight